Nurturing and dependable relationships are the building blocks of healthy childhood development. Secure attachments are basic to every aspect of a child’s wellbeing — mind, brain, emotions, relationships and morality. Wounded children — those who have experienced maltreatment, loss and disrupted attachments — are often defiant, angry, biologically disorganized and afraid to trust and love. They are extremely challenging to parent.
Healing Parents gives parents and caregivers the information, skills, self-understanding, support and hope they need to be therapeutic and healing parents. This book is a toolbox filled with practical ideas and strategies that will enable parents to understand their child, create healthy relationships and help their child heal emotional wounds and improve behaviorally, sociallyand morally.
Learn how to:
- Practice the 10 C’s of loving leadership.
- Understand your child: Three pillars of assessment
- Understand yourself: Mindful parenting.
- Create a healing family environment.
- Maintain a constructive attitude and “opportunity” mindset.
- Employ competency-based parenting.
- Provide a secure base to enhance attachment.
- Change negative mindsets, behaviors, and family dynamics.
- Remain calm and respond therapeutically.
- Be proactive, not reactive.
- Promote motivation, responsibility, and healthy self-esteem.
- Use constructive communication, problem-solving, and anger-management skills.
- Facilitate a sense of belonging.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Stay in touch with Dr. Levy as he travels the world sharing helpful hints for healthy relationships. Newsletters will hit your email inbox once a month. We won’t share your email with anyone for any reason.